This after the Hang Seng index dropped 6.3 percent to close at 19,620 last week.
A Reuters report said, “Hong Kong shares were set to rise on Monday following their worst fortnightly drop in 2-1/2 years as investors sidelined by the market's volatility sift through battered down large caps.”
However, caution remains. “While global markets breathe a sigh of relief after last week's moves and as economic data from the U.S. and Japan give some hope of recovery, investors are likely to remain cautious, particularly over Europe, and keep turnover muted,” said the report.
View the report here.
Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.