,Hong Kong

Majority of workers eyes new job in 2022: Hays

About 76% have expressed their intentions to look for a new job. 

The majority of workers, or 76% of 48,600 respondents, plan to look for a new job in the new year, whilst the remaining 24% stated they have no similar intention, Hays reported. 

“The beginning of a New Year provides people with the perfect opportunity to evaluate what is important to them and what they want from their job, so we anticipate people reflecting on their current role and what they may want from their career and seeking new opportunities,” Sue Wei, Managing Director of Hays Hong Kong SAR, said.

“The jobs market at present is a good one to be looking in if you have the necessary skills that are sought after by employers.”

Hays CEO Alistair Cox also observed that the workforce may be motivated to switch jobs after their personal development was put on pause as they attempt to keep themselves afloat through the crisis. 

“Upskilling for many has been off the radar, a secondary concern that can wait until tomorrow, the next month, or even the next year. That mindset is starting to shift, with many reaching for the ‘play’ button again,” Cox said in a recent blog. 

In a separate poll, Hays found that the majority of professionals continue to see upskilling as a necessity in succeeding in their careers this year. 

Out of 21,600 professionals across the globe, 86% consider the need to upskill to progress at work. 

Hays noted that the job market will continue to be competitive in 2022 with skills shortages seen to remain an acute issue globally. 

“The world of work is constantly evolving, often as a result of technological advancements, which means there is a frequent need for new skills,” Sue said.

“There is a big opportunity for workers to increase their attractiveness among potential employers and further their careers.” 

 

 

Join Hong Kong Business community
Since you're here...

...there are many ways you can work with us to advertise your company and connect to your customers. Our team can help you dight and create an advertising campaign, in print and digital, on this website and in print magazine.

We can also organize a real life or digital event for you and find thought leader speakers as well as industry leaders, who could be your potential partners, to join the event. We also run some awards programmes which give you an opportunity to be recognized for your achievements during the year and you can join this as a participant or a sponsor.

Let us help you drive your business forward with a good partnership!

The tourism board attributes this to anti-epidemic measures involving border control. 
About $270m of the aid will be given as one-off cash subsidies to practitioners.
The rules will be implemented on 19 January.
A possible rate hike in March will also positively affect the bank.
Eligible customers who will apply online can get a 20% first-year premium discount.
Chow Tai Fook Jewelry Group from China/HK SAR was amongst the top 10 companies. 
About 76% have expressed their intentions to look for a new job. 
For the quarter ended, there was a $6.6b worth of sales recorded.
HK online sales could grow by 10% in two to three years.
This includes being more lenient in granting leaves for parents of school children.
Non-residents coming from the country to be barred entry.
Wei Mei Tan and Michael Wong will see their roles take effect immediately.
It vowed to align its resources with the Northern Metropolis Development Strategy.